I bought a large peanut butter from Costco last month due to the Costco coupon.
See how huge this can is!
Because it’s really a big volume and I have to consume it ASAP, otherwise the peanut butter will store at the refrigerator for a long time until it expired. I searched some recipes from the Internet and found a perfect one. Here is the website. http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/phoebe-tajwanka/article?mid=5393
P.S. The percentage of sugar and brown sugar should be half and half but I put 50:100. So the cookie I made looks very brown and you can see some dark spots on the surface. These dark spots are brown sugar. I also put an almond on the top of the cookie and it matches perfectly.
Ingredients
A: 270g Baking flour +30g Plain flour + 1/2 tsp salt
B: 180g Butter + 70g Sugar ( I add 50g)+ 80g Brown sugar ( I add 100g)
C: 1Egg + 100g Crunchy Peanut Butter
How to do:
1. Combine A (the flour and salt) and mix them well.
2. Put the butter and both sugars into a bowl and mix by electric mixer. Until they're light and creamy then add C (egg and Peanut Butter) the mixture may look a bit curdled, but it will be fine once the flour is added.
3. Add the flour mixture to 2 and mix until it just forms a thick soft dough (Don't overdo the mixing in of the flour)
4. Scrape the dough from the bowl and divide it in half.
5. Gently knead one piece of the dough briefly to bring it together, then roll it into a log or square about 3-5 cm in diameter. Repeat with the remaining dough then put the dough into the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
6. Until they're firm enough to slice, at this stage, you can freeze the logs until you need them (they keep well in the freezer for about 5 weeks; just defrost them in the fridge before slicing them.)
7. Preheat your oven to 150C. Unwrap the log and cut into 6-7 mm-thick slices.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the biscuits are light golden-brown and feel crisp to touch. If your oven cooks a bit unevenly, turn the trays back to front and swap the shelves halfway through the baking time. Remove the trays from the oven and leave the biscuits to cool completely on them. Store the biscuits in an airtight container, where they will keep well for 5-6 days, or freeze them for up to 2 weeks, and when you want, defrost them at room temperature.









沒有留言:
張貼留言