We have read a lot of articles and papers about global warming and it affects the environment widely. Whether we like it or not we are part of it and everyone has to do something to protect our environment. We might be just an ordinary citizen, but we can do something about it. My personal lifestyle did some changes on transportation, consumption habits and recycling and I just wanted to affect the environment as low as possible.
First of all, I changed my lifestyle on transportation, for example, I had gone to work by riding bicycle instead of riding motorcycle since 2007. For instance I usually bring my daughters to school by walk and sometimes by bike. Moreover, I don’t drive car to Taipei City instead of taking train and MRT. Doing so will not only save money on gas but also reduce my own carbon footprint to the environment. Walk more and drive less. It may take longer, but it’s worth doing because I can get more exercise and create less pollution.
Then, I change my personal consumption habits. I buy things I really need and I buy the fruits and vegetables of this season especially organic food. My parents started homesteading since long time ago. Consequently, they become more self-sufficient by doing things by themselves. For example, grow rice and vegetables. Keep chickens and ducks. Moreover, sometimes they share or exchange the food they grew with neighbors and send me the vegetables they grew frequently. In addition, I don’t buy everything new instead of buying used goods at ebay. It’s fun and less expensive.
Before the government ask citizens to “ keep trash off the ground” recycling program. I separated the garbage and recycled paper, plastic or metallic cans and glass as much as I can. Recycling is the processes of collecting, processing, remanufacturing, and reusing materials instead of discarding them. This helps conserve raw materials and energy that manufacturers would otherwise use in producing new products. Recycling also reduces enormous materials going into landfills. Recycling helps lower the pollution that may result from waste disposal.
To sum up, I tried to simplify my lifestyle and affect the environment as little as possible. I used environmentally friendly transportation and changed my consumption habits on buying organic food, and did recycling program. I knew they are just small things I did but we all have responsibilities for protect our environment. It’s not too late and we can just start right now from us.

沒有留言:
張貼留言